Setup steps for your project
In this guide, you'll set up a production-ready project for a typical use case scenario where you have two environments, one for Development and one for Production.
Make the most out of the Prepr Scale subscription plan to create these environments. Alternatively, sign up for a free Prepr account to create one environment. As the owner of the account you can manage your subscription in Prepr.
Step 1: Create environments
In this step, the Owner creates the environments needed for the project. Check out the Manage environments doc on how to create an environment.
Step 2: Add users
Consider a simple strategy for user roles where the Owner makes use of the default user roles in Prepr to create user profiles for the following types of users:
- Admin users - For administrative users to manage environments and user profiles. Once the Admin user profiles have been added, these users can log in and create the rest of the users who need to have access to Prepr.
- Developer users - For content modelers who will manage the Schema and developers who will manage developer settings like Access Tokens and Integrations.
- Editor users - For content editors who will create and manage all the content.
Check out the Manage users doc for more details on how to create users and resend invitations.
Step 3: Add roles and permissions (optional)
In the event that your users need to be grouped with a different set of permissions that are not catered for by the default user roles in Prepr, feel free to add your own user roles. This feature is available for a Scale or Enterprise subscription plan.
Step 4: Set up SSO (optional)
If your project strategy for authorization is to implement SSO (Single Sign-On) for users to log in to Prepr follow the SSO setup guide to complete this set up. This paid option is available for a Scale or Enterprise subscription plan.
Step 5: Migrate content (optional)
If you are replacing an existing system with Prepr and have lots of important content that you want to migrate to Prepr, follow the steps in the migration guide to ensure a successful migration of the existing content to Prepr.
Step 6: Integrate systems (optional)
You can set up integrations between Prepr and external systems. Check out the list of pre-built integrations that you can activate from within Prepr.
Alternatively, for custom requirements, consider the following options for an integration solution:
- Mutation API: Use the Prepr REST API to update content items, assets, segments or customers with data from another system.
- Remote source: Set up a custom remote source to automatically include content from an external system in your content items in Prepr.
- Webhooks: Use webhooks to use events in Prepr to trigger actions such as automated notifications, deployment or data caching operations.
Now that all the preparation steps are done, you can continue implementation in Prepr with creating a schema and the related content.
Follow the Model content docs to model content and create a schema in Prepr. When the schema is completed, follow the content, asset, localization and the collaboration guides to create and manage content in Prepr.